Worker Views of Greenery
- Views from windows help reduce stress, boost productivity, improve job satisfaction, and help workers stay more attentive.
- People in cities who walk by green space have a lower heart rate, an indicator of stress, than those who walk by buildings or vacant lots.
Classroom Views of Greenery
- Classroom views to green landscapes can improve performance on tests of attention, increase students’ recovery from stressful experiences, and reduce aggression, having implications for school site selection, design, and renovation.
Reduced ADHD Symptoms
- When compared to indoor and built outdoor settings, performing activities, including playing, in green outdoor settings is the only factor that reduces children’s Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder symptoms regardless of whether the individual is alone, in a pair or in a large group.
Reduced Anxiety, Depression and Aggression
- The proportion of total and usable green space within 3 km, as well as distance to the nearest usable green space, reduce symptoms of anxiety disorder, depression and aggression.