- Total green industry output, including multiplier effects, were $196.07 billion in 2013, comprising 0.72% of all gross domestic product, and 2,035,636 jobs in the broader economy, or 1.11% of all employment.
- In 2009, the growing urban forestry market in California supported 60,067 jobs resulting in $3.3 billion individual income.
- Total environmental horticulture industry sales were estimated at $10.711 billion in Florida, including:
- $2.753 billion for nursery producers
- $4.431 billion for landscape service firms
- $1.239 billion for horticultural retailers
- $1.041 billion for wholesalers, and
- $1.247 billion for allied firms.
Retailers and Employees
- Average annual sales per horticulture retailer and wholesale grower in 2013 was $1.83 million.
- Average annual sale per horticulture employee in 2013 was $102,355.